Solar Meatloaf Burgers

I wanted a meatloaf taste but also wanted quick cooking and a 1/4lb serving size so I found a CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE with oats and made burgers from it. The thinner profile of burgers compared to a loaf made it cook more quickly. I use the All-Season-Solar Cooker by Solcook.  

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 finely chopped onion
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Egg, lightly beaten
2 Clove Garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 Teaspoons Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper

1/4 cup ketchup, you can use more, it's what I had. 





If you don't have quick oats, you can make them by pulsing in a food processer. Mix everything but ketchup well and make 4 burgers. Oil or spray cooking spray on inside of pot. Spread ketchup on top. Place in solar cooker (All Season Solar Cooker) for 1 1/2 hours, check with meat thermometer (should be beef-medium) and add time if necessary.


Served with Red Cabbage and Apples, from THIS RECIPE. I cook it until it's good and soft. I did them on the stove because I got a slow start today and cooked them extra long. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Stewed Apples

All-Season Solar Cooker