Solar Keto Cornbread

I'm allergic to wheat and corn so I'm always looking for sneaky ways to get what I want. I found THIS KETO RECIPE that I love and have made several times. It really tastes like cornbread, has a good crumb and is sweet and bready. What's not to love? I use the All-Season-Solar Cooker by Solcook.  

Solar Keto Cornbread

2 cups of almond meal
2 teaspoons of baking powder
3 room temperature eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (I used evaporated milk)
3/4 cup of sour cream (I used plain Greek yogurt)
1 stick of melted butter (1/2 cup)
3 tablespoons sugar substitute (I used sugar)
1 teaspoon of sea salt

In a medium bowl combine the almond meal, sugar substitute, salt and baking powder and set aside.

In a medium bowl combine the heavy cream, sour cream, and eggs and mix until fully combined.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and gently stir till fully incorporated.

Next, add the melted butter, and stir till mixed. Do not overmix, you want to see some small lumps.



Pour into greased dark pan and cover, place in sun oven. Cook for about 2 hrs. Remove and test like you would a cake.



To be fully transparent, I made this in a 3qt. granitewear pot inside two 4qt.Pyrex bowls and turning it out was a disaster. The original recipe is for an open cast iron skillet and solar cooking is different. It was too wet and stuck like crazy, so I'm not going to show it to you here, but I dried it out a bit in the oven and sliced it. The recipe has been adjusted from 4 eggs to 3 and the sour cream from 1 cup to 3/4 cup.


Most of the slices are pretty darn beautiful. And delicious. I'm eating the couple of ugly slices and freezing the rest for many more meals. Stay tuned for updates on the next try. Comments and advice welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Stewed Apples

All-Season Solar Cooker

Solar Meatloaf Burgers